31 December 2012

Jingle

This is Jingle.


When I was in the sixth grade, a day or two before Christmas, a friend came by my house in the evening. It was an unexpected visit but a welcomed one at that. She only stopped by for a few minutes, to give me a Christmas present.

Jingle was that present.

Although her tag claims her name is Peace and her colours aren't very festive, I decided to name her as I pleased, in tune with the holiday season.

But perhaps she was aptly named from the start, for peace is what I feel when I look at her. She is a reminder that there are many good things in life and many good people to share them with.

When I think back about how my friend came to see me, having her parents drive because we did not live near each other, it makes me smile. Although we have long since gone our separate ways, we parted amicably and I will forever be grateful that I had a friend as kind and sweet as her.

Looking back, I am amazed by how many fantastic people have come into my life and how I have learned and grown from meeting each one - whether I knew them for five days, five weeks or five years.
 
I can only hope that I was as good a friend to them as they were to me.

As the year ends and the new one begins, I resolve to be the best friend I can be; to listen when needed, to help when I can, to encourage new experiences and to enjoy the small things in life.

And Jingle will be there. The constant reminder that good people and good things do exist and I should strive to be one.

Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hola :)